Friday, September 23, 2011

Bavarian Crochet and Family Rivalry

I've been crushing on Bavarian Crochet for some time now, especially after seeing some super cute pins by Marta McCall (thanks, Marta!).

The Wool Eater blanket by Sarah London


And if you like that, you'll definitely love the potholder version by Julia Vesper:  I Love the Green One.

So I borrowed a book about Bavarian Crochet from the library and thought "this is totally within my skill set." And then I messed up.  And then I messed up again.  And then I cried to my mommy and asked her to figure it out for me.

Of course my mom, a pattern-reading expert and a doily-maker extraordinaire, had no problem following the instructions and showing me the error of my ways.  And today, just to rub it in, she emailed me this pic:

Thanks a lot, Mom.  Way to pour salt in my pinterest-induced wounds. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment